Re: CD Production Advice

Subject: Re: CD Production Advice
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- ROGERS -dot- WAVE -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 19:52:09 -0800

On Thu, 11 Sep 1997 08:29:07 -0500, Beth Friedman wrote:

>There was a bit about backwards
>compatibility -- the article suggested that users keep their CD-ROMS
>if they use DVD, because there might be solutions available later on,
>but for now CD-R disks couldn't be read by DVD machines.

This is ostensibly the major hold-up for DVD acceptance for computer use,
but in fairness, some audio CD-Rs can't be read by some regular CD
players either.

Your friend and mine,
Matt
<insert standard disclaimer here>

On the edge of sleep, I awoke to a sun so bright
Rested and fearless, cheered by your nearness
I knew which direction was right
The case had been tried by the jury inside
The choice between darkness and light...
- Rush, "Double Agent"