Re: SAP R/3 or PeopleSoft information, Please!!!

Subject: Re: SAP R/3 or PeopleSoft information, Please!!!
From: Elna Tymes <etymes -at- LTS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 10:57:51 -0700

Michael Little wrote:

> does any one know where I can get some detailed information about SAP R/3,
> so I can do a bit of boning up for a job...any tips, WWW sites, or
> books????

You poor baby! Actually, PeopleSoft isn't so bad, but be sure your gag
reflex is thoroughly under control before you get involved with SAP
R/3. We just finished a functional analysis and comparison of SAP R/3
and other database solutions for a client and our biggest problem was
coming up with positive things to say about SAP, other than their growth
rate.
You can go directly to their web site (http://www.sap.com/) or check out
many of the partner-site references if you type "SAP R/3" as keywords
in a search engine. You can also read several articles in
Computerworld archives about SAP R/e - but don't believe the URLs that
turn up in the searches, because many of them don't work. Go directly
to the Computerworld page and go to the archives from there.

There are several books out about SAP R/3, many of them with cautionary
tales about installing it and integrating it with other programs. On
the other hand, many well-known companies have developed or announced
interfaces to SAP. If you're really nice to your local Oracle sales
rep, you can get your hands on a Competitive Fact Sheet that looks at
various companies' experiences with the R/3 and compares R/3 with other
architectures.

Elna Tymes
Los Trancos Systems