Re: Using technical information from another company

Subject: Re: Using technical information from another company
From: "Stephen D. Martin" <smartin -at- RC -dot- GC -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 11:56:31 -0400

WS Mendler wrote:

> We've integrated third-party spellcheckers and graphing modules into
> our products recently -- and sometimes those products come with their
> own Help files. Is it legit to point to that file from my own manual
> or online help?

I would think that it is the easiest and safest thing to do.

Under my current statement of work I have been specifically instructed
to not simply rewrite the existing hardware and software manuals, but
only to reference to the appropriate document.

In the opinion of my employers I'm not being paid to re-invent the
wheel.

Cheers!