Word Macros

Subject: Word Macros
From: GeriLou Ciotoli <GeriLou_Ciotoli -at- DLCORP -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 15:08:43 GMT

Again, I am finding this list very useful. Thank you.

I was lurking more intently as usual to the discussion on macros for Word.
It got me thinking about what I do and I was able to create some useful
macros to automate some of the things that I do while formatting our software
manuals. I created them using the highlight, point and click routine since I
don't know VBA.

My current project is converting software manuals from Mac Pagemaker to Word
97 for Win95 while applying an entirely new template. It's tedious and
sometimes boring. I have about 30 manuals to convert. Once the RTF
documents are in Word, I'm applying the new template and updating styles
automatically. But the tables take time and I have to search for certain
words and phrases for highlighting in Bold or Italic. What I really need is
an "If then this Else do this" type of macro.

I would really like to get my hands on more macros. I've ordered the
Developer's Kit to learn more about creating my own macros. But I am
seriously interested in more advanced macros that I don't know if I could
create without much programming knowledge; such as the one Jim Chevallier
talked about which creates an Index from the TOC. This is exactly my first
step in creating an Index... but I do it the old-fashioned way for every
Heading1 through Heading3. Boy, to automate this tedious task would be
great!

Are people willing to share their macro code? If we could get the code and a
description of what it does, most people may be able to change the code just
enough to accomplish other needed tasks.

Thanks for listening. I'd appreciate your comments and code!! You can reply
off line since I'm on Digest.

Geri Lou Ciotoli
Enterprise Computer Systems, Inc.
Stratford, CT.