Re: Links in email

Subject: Re: Links in email
From: "Huber, Mike" <mrhuber -at- SOFTWARE -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 10:17:11 -0500

One other thing: if the address or URL has spaces in it, replace them
with "%20".
For example:

mailto://joe schmo -at- fakedomain -dot- com

is interpreted by most mail programs as an email address of "joe"
followed by some text that happens to be "schmo -at- fakedomain -dot- com" but
which isn't part of the address.

On the other hand,

mailto://joe%20schmo -at- fakedomain -dot- com

is interpreted as an address including an ASCII character 20, which
happens to be a space.

Mike Huber
mike -dot- huber -at- software -dot- rockwell -dot- com