SUMMARY: Intergraph help format

Subject: SUMMARY: Intergraph help format
From: Ginna Watts <gwatts -at- PIM -dot- BC -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 15:22:39 -0700

Sorry for the delay, but I've been off the network for a while due to
endless renovations....

I had asked if anyone had any experience in developing or compiling I/help
(Intergraph help).

I/help is a tagged ASCII format which is complied into help. It appears to
be a fairly old format, and MicroStation is still using it for older and
non-windows versions.

From the information provided by people on this list, and from Bentley, we
have decided to abandon our I/help efforts this time around. (Well,
actually forever since this is our last DOS release!) We (OK, I) just don't
have the time to spend providing online help for a dying platform. The
information I received here was instrumental in coming to this decision, so
I'm very appreciative.

Thanks very much to all who responded: Deanna Springall, Mike Wing, Bruce
Lybbert, and Catherine Preuit.

Ginna

Ginna Watts - Technical Writer
Pacific International Mapping Corp.