pagemaker 6.5 won't run! too many fonts

Subject: pagemaker 6.5 won't run! too many fonts
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- AXIONET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 11:25:34 -0400

LARS BRADLEY <vitex -at- PHOENIX -dot- NET> wrote:

>Is there a way to store the font excess and use only when >necessary without interfering with win 95??

First, unless you have an extraordinary amount of memory, you should
never have more than about 40 active fonts at any one time. Every
operating system that I know of takes a serious performance hit when
with more.

Second, look into version 4.0 of the Adobe Type Manager. It allows you
to make some installed fonts unactive, which should probably solve your
problems.

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
(bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com) (604) 421-7189

"If you hear not, hear me never,
If you burn not, freeze forever,
If you hunger not, starve in hell,
If you will not, then you never shall."
- Peter S. Beagle, "The Last Song of Sirit Byar"