Frame and macros

Subject: Frame and macros
From: John Bell <jbell -at- PARAGREN -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 09:34:32 -0400

Someone mentioned earlier that unlike Word, FrameMaker does not
have a macro ability. This is not entirely correct.

FrameMaker for UNIX has a macro ability. I remember using it a
few times and it was fairly straight forward.

FrameMaker for Macintosh does not include a macro ability because
it doesn't need it. AppleScript comes with the MacOS and provides
a macro recorder, editor, and playback abilities. I've never used
it with FrameMaker, but I have used it on other programs and it
is quite easy.

I also use FrameMaker on Windows (95). From what I can see, it has
no macro ability, nor is there one included with Windows95. Then
again, I haven't had any need to build a macro, so I haven't looked
for it very hard.

I haven't had any experience with FrameMaker on other platforms, so
I don't know if they have a macro ability. My guess is they would have
the same features as the UNIX version.

--- John Bell
jbell -at- paragren -dot- com