Re: ADMIN: Posting Rules and viruses

Subject: Re: ADMIN: Posting Rules and viruses
From: Richard Yanowitz <ryanowit -at- NYCT -dot- NET>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 1997 20:33:49 -0400

At 08:46 AM 8/28/97 -0600, Eric J. Ray wrote:
>Gang,
>Virus discussions aren't particularly appropriate. For definitive
>information, check out www.mcafee.com among other
>places.
>Eric

I am the culprit who recently inquired about a virus (Word macro, as it
turned out) which was affecting files I was producing and receiving from
clients for whom I'm doing tech writing.

Given other people's requests for help with client/employer problems, I
assumed this was ok. Sorry if it wasn't proper--though I'd hope that such
inquiries would be ok as requests for mutual aid in our work.

And again, thanks to all those who sent advice.

Richard

Richard Yanowitz, NYC
mailto:ryanowitz -at- bigfoot -dot- com

Freelance writers (including tech writers): join the National Writers Union
for contract help, grievances, health benefits, lobbying, community....

For further information, e-mail me or contact the union directly:
web site: http://www.nwu.org/nwu/
mailto:nwu -at- nwu -dot- org