Re: more on angry boss and fussy printers

Subject: Re: more on angry boss and fussy printers
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- ROGERS -dot- WAVE -dot- CA>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 1997 11:00:09 -0800

On Fri, 29 Aug 1997 12:00:56 -0700, Harrison Brace wrote:

>I'm not sure what I want to do now. Jobs a very, very easy to find around
>here (Silicon Valley), and they happen to need a technical writer in
>another group here. I am happy about the support I've received from other
>people, but my encounter yesterday makes me feel that my boss has no
>respect for my opinions. He seems to work well with most of the other
>people here...but... Sheesh, to be told point-blank, in an angry tone, that
>I "have no idea what I'm talking about" ... when he was clearly wrong.

Perhaps, since keeping this job is not a life-critical thing, you should
not mince words with this boss, but come right out and tell him that you
don't appreciate his blaming you for the company's problems and treating
you like a general idiot. Either he'll take it to heart and straighten
up (or at least back off), in which case your only real problem with this
job is out out of the way, or he'll sack you, allowing you to move on to
something else (which you say shouldn't be hard to do).

Your friend and mine,
Matt
<insert standard disclaimer here>