Constant Revisions

Subject: Constant Revisions
From: Ava Carmel <Ava -at- ESCMED -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 16:14:03 +0200

Help!
I am constantly revising a number of manuals for machines which change
every day. The manuals are presently spiral-bound, but I plan to switch
to ring binders, so as to be able to replace individual pages or
chapters, rather than reprinting the entire manual for every new
revision. About five out of seven chapters remain the same in each
revision. Sometimes the changes in the other chapters are minor, but
there are times when the changes are major and all the screen grabs have
to be updated.

Each manual has a code number and a revision number. I work in Word 7,
and the page numbering is 1-1, 1-2, etc.

What is the best way to keep track of the revisions, which will be
coming out about once a month for each of the machines? Should I
reprint single pages or entire chapters? How should I number the pages?

Should I send the entire manual out for printing and then photocopy
individual pages that are changed, or order pages as needed?

Ava Carmel