JOB: Tech Writer--Springfield, IL

Subject: JOB: Tech Writer--Springfield, IL
From: "Pfeiffer, Stephanie" <SPfeiffer -at- LRS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 14:16:10 -0500

Hello Techwhirlers,

My employer, Levi, Ray & Shoup, Inc., an IT company, is currently
seeking a technical writer in our home office in Springfield, IL. The
"official" position description follows. If you have questions about
the company you'd like to address to an "insider," feel free to e-mail
me. Otherwise, please direct your inquiries to Jenny Thieman, our HR
manager, whose address, phone, and fax numbers are listed at the bottom
of the description.

Thanks!!

LEVI, RAY & SHOUP, INC.

LRS is currently seeking a technical writer for its Springfield, IL
office. This position is a full-time, salaried position. LRS offers
paid overtime, paid medical and dental insurance, pension/profit
sharing, 401K, Health Club membership, tuition reimbursement and other
benefits.

A LRS Technical writer may work in the LRS office or at client sites
within this office marketing area. The marketing area for the
Springfield, IL office covers the area within a 75 mile radius of
Springfield.

Technical Writers will be responsible for creating User's Guides,
Technical Reference Manuals, Training Materials/Trainer's Scripts,
On-line Documentation and/or Policy & Procedures Manuals. The
successful candidate will meet the following requirements: experience
documenting computer systems and preferably online help experience using
a tool such as Robohelp, B.A. in English or related field (preferably a
structured writing program), excellent editorial and proofreading
skills, excellent writing skills, and knowledge of Word for Windows.

Currently, LRS is a eighteen year old company with a staff composed of
over 390 technical, marketing and support professionals in St. Louis,
Kansas City, Peoria, Champaign and Springfield, IL. LRS is fortunate to
have a professional staff with diverse capabilities. This diversity of
expertise, combined with the close proximity of our entire staff,
affords LRS the opportunity to draw any relevant force to bear on a
problem. The professional, technical and computing resources of all
areas of the company are available on an as-needed basis.

LRS takes great pride in the level of knowledge and experience of its
staff. LRS has always maintained a vested interest in keeping our staff
up-to-date on the rapid improvements in information technology.
Hundreds of in-house courses are available to our staff in our corporate
office. Training material has provided our staff a continuing
opportunity for self-improvement. When the need arises, LRS sends staff
to specific classes as training for an assignment.

Come visit our web site: http://www.lrs.com.

Please send your resume to:
Levi, Ray & Shoup, Inc.
Jenny Thieman, HR Manager