Re[2]: more Microsnot

Subject: Re[2]: more Microsnot
From: "Walker, Arlen P" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 13:06:34 -0500

>By the way, anyone else hear that MS is selling an average of one
copy
>of Windows95 per second?
I hadn't heard that. Somehow I find it difficult to believe.

Well, if true thatworks out to about 30 million per year. Since that's well
under half the annual sales originally projected for W95, looks like MS is
doing pretty badly (MS projections began at 100 million and settled
somewhere in the 50 million range). If you're looking for a comparison,
according to the sales figures for Mac OS 8 (as reported by PC WEEK, hardly
a Mac-biased source) that's about the same rate as Apple is selling OS 8.
(Just US sales, BTW. I don't have any data on international sales.)

(Note: I'm drawing no conclusions from these factoids. Just thought I'd
supply them for amusement value. Now, back to your previously recorded
program.)

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224