Summary of responses for "Request for Examples"

Subject: Summary of responses for "Request for Examples"
From: Julie Tholen <julie_tholen -at- CNT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 14:41:08 -0500

Hi -My original request, as posted below, drew some good responses -
I've included the two that helped me the most. I've also included paths
to examples that I found on the WEB.

Original Post:
I need to locate examples for the following forms/reports. If anyone on
the list can assist me with this, please send either an example or a
resource citation to me directly. Thanks a bunch!! Julie T.

Statement of Requirements (SOR)
Request for Information (ROI)
Product Specification
Functional Specification

Summary of Responses:

Michael Collier
SOFTBANK Services Group
Buffalo, NY
My software development documentation web site
(http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/4970/) has a section
describing what a functional specification should include (not all items
are applicable to all projects, though).

*************************
Philip J. Hellerman
Manager Documentation Services
Alliance Data Systems
mailto:phellerm -at- alldata -dot- net
IEEE Std 830-1993 titled IEEE Recommended Practice for Software
Requirements Specifications (SRS) may be a good place to start. Sample
TOC below

4. Considerstaion for producing a good SRS.
Nature of the SRS
Environment of the SRS
Characteristics of a good SRS
Joint preparation of the SRS
SRS evolution
Prototyping
Embedding design in the SRS
Embedding project requirements in the SRS
5. The parts of an SRS
Intro
Overall descriptions
Specification requirements
Supporting Information

(Real) Functional Specs Examples from the WEB:

http://www.dga.co.uk.xgate/product/xgfs.htm
http://mordor.cs.hut.fi/tik-76115/curre...autukset/groups/Law/ma/documen
ts/tm.html

(Real) Product Specs Examples from the WEB:
http://www.avantmarketing.com/product.htm
http://www.telepac.com.au/nokia/dtp2sps.html
http://www.asus.comtw/Products/SPEC/MBQ&A.html
http://www.champcable.com/products/data/