Re: Help Contents won't display

Subject: Re: Help Contents won't display
From: Glynnis Mydske <GLYNNIMY -at- ATTACHMATE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 10:13:44 -0700

This is the first time I've posted to this (or any) list so please
tell me gently if I'm not using the correct procedure. I was going to
wait a while to see if anyone else replied, but I've decided to take
the plunge.

I believe that the call from the program is different if your help
file has an associated .CNT file than it is if your TOC is a topic in
your help file. If you want to call the Help Topics dialog box and
display the Contents tab, the call is:

WinHelp(hwnd, "helpfile.hlp", HELP_FINDER, 0)

This information is from the Microsoft Windows Help Author's Guide
(hcw.hlp).

I hope this helps.

Glynnis Mydske
glynnimy -at- attachmate -dot- com

==============
You wrote:

I can not get my Help file contents to display when you click on
"Help"
in the application.

Everything works fine when I test the help file in RoboHelp, or test
it
as a standalone. However, when you access Help from within the
application, it defaults to the first page of the Help file. Once
the
first page displays, you can click on Contents and it works fine.

It is a 32-bit application built in Centura (which I suspect may be
the
culprit).