bit.listserv.techwr-l (Was: Pulling the plug)

Subject: bit.listserv.techwr-l (Was: Pulling the plug)
From: Dan BRINEGAR <vr2link -at- VR2LINK -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 23:04:32 -0700

Darn, and I haven't even posted anything in four days or so... I feel it's
all my fault...

>From: Jim Strohm <jstrohm -at- TEXAS -dot- NET>
>Subject: Time for RFD:misc.writing.tech (was: TOO MUCH SPEW)
>
>After only three days on this list I've pulled the plug.
>
>One of you technical writers who has more time than me needs
>to write the RFD to turn this list into a legitimate newsgroup.
>If each subscriber voted "Yes," we could have a group.
><snip>
>
>You can find instructions on writing new NG proposals in all the
>usual places.

<lart size="50%">

You can already find the list on Usenet. Simply point yer newsreader to
something like:

1) List all groups,
2) Scroll down to "Bit" and open it,
3) Scroll s'more to "listserv" and open that,
4) One more long scroll to "techwr-l" and double-click.

One could even sort by threads, and skip the boring bits....

Those of us cool enough to know where "all the usual places" are, already
know to look for TECHWR-L in Usenet if we don't wanna fill up our email.

Those of us interested in providing useful information will offer the
following URL for those without current bookmarks to the "usual places:"

<ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/news.answers/news/>

Welcome to the Internet, thanks for playing.

</lart>

Dan BRINEGAR, CCDB Vr2Link
Performance S u p p o r t Svcs.
Phoenix, Arizona

http://www.vr2link.com
<mailto:vr2link -at- vr2link -dot- com>

"Think Different: Only Nixon could go to China."