Re: Table of Contents Problem

Subject: Re: Table of Contents Problem
From: richard_schellens -at- MAIL -dot- GDT1 -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 16:35:50 -0500

Hi Dennis,

Yes! It has happened to me too. I believe that the problem occurs only
when you are in Page Layout view. If you switch to Normal view, it
should work okay.

I have only had the problem when printing a range of pages... for
example 5 to 15. When I do that the toc will correctly number up to 15
and then assign "15" to all pages after that in the toc.

The Microsoft "fix" is to not use Page Layout mode when printing!

(don't get me started....)

Dick Schellens
Geographic Data Technology

dicksc -at- england -dot- gdt1 -dot- com

Subject: Table of Contents Problem
Author: Dennis DeMarco <holden190 -at- ROCKETMAIL -dot- COM> at GDT-UNIX
Date: 8/21/97 1:13 PM

I have a strange problem that I hope someone on the list can help me
with. I'm creating a manual that includes a table of contents (I am
working in Word 97). The table of contents generates fine, but when I
print my entire document including the toc, all the page references in
the toc change to the same page, say page 3 or 11. So the bottom line
is that I'm unable to create a usable document since when I print it
the toc always becomes wrong.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dennis