Re: Damage Control

Subject: Re: Damage Control
From: "Wittel, Teresa J." <WITTTJ -at- NCSLINK -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 12:52:00 -0700

I have experienced this sort of problem before and usually the fix
involves what Sella was saying. Open communication channels everywhere;
re-negotiate the release date, remove obstacles, or re-define the
project scope. If that fails, we've simply poured (known) experienced
people into the fray, who tend to work until the wee hours of the
morn...

Not to say that is the best solution, but it is the only one I know.
However, I've usually worked in large team-oriented departments where
people "pitch in" to help resolve crises. Sorry, I don't have more
suggestions.