Software Wish List

Subject: Software Wish List
From: "Key,Sharon" <skey -at- AGEDWARDS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 08:26:59 -0500

Our techwhirler team needs to create a software wish list so I decided to
solicit your opinions. First, some background.

Our current software:
Windows 3.1 (We hope to be upgraded to NT by the end of the year.)
RoboHelp 3
Folio 3.1 (upgrading to 4.1 as soon as it's available - pending our NT
upgrade)
Word 6
Visio

All of our products are internal and include:
Help files
Databases with search engine
A few small paper-based manuals (usually not over 50 pages)

Where we're going:
Intranet (sometime mid-98, probably, maybe, kinda for sure) using Internet
Explorer (definitely)

So here are the questions:
Are there any advantages in upgrading our RoboHelp before we convert to NT?
Would we need to keep our databases in Folio if we convert them to HTML?
What is a good, simple graphics program? We don't have a designer on staff
so we would probably just use lots of clip art that we can tweak.
What is a good clip art program?
What is a good HTML editor? I've written some raw code and used Front Page
just a bit.
What else would you suggest?

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Sharon Key