Re: Daily Messages

Subject: Re: Daily Messages
From: Buck & Tilly Buchanan <writer -at- WF -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 03:44:23 -0500

Arnold Colodner wrote:

> Sometimes I can open my email in the morning and find about 100
> messages. If I am away for a long weekend, the list is so much longer.
> Too few of the messages are useful and helpful. Most are not. WHY?

My 2 cents worth.

I agree with Arnold that some threads go on too long.

However, I subscribe to this list because I am interested in the
thoughts of the other subscribers, not to hear some diatribe by someone
who is not interested.

My mail software (Arnold's too, probably) has a function allowing
listing by thread. When I lose interest in a particular thread, it's a
simple matter to list messages by thread and delete them in a
mouseclick.

Eric (the list owner) does a great job in limiting discussions to
is truly fed up with the subjects he mentions, that he address his
complaints to the list owner, not to the list in general.

--

Buck Buchanan
writer -at- wf -dot- net