US-NJ-Technical Writer Wanted-Upper Saddle River

Subject: US-NJ-Technical Writer Wanted-Upper Saddle River
From: Dave Ziegler <dave -at- PENTEK -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 14:23:16 -0400

Technical Writing for Engineers By Engineers

Job Duties/Responsibilities:
Create and revise operating and programming manuals for our advanced line
of data acquisition and DSP products for VME and VXI systems. These
manuals are written for a very technically-oriented audience of C
programmers and system design engineers. Work from schematics, parts
lists, data sheets, memory maps, and interviews with Product Design
Engineers and Applications Engineers to create original text and graphics,
block diagrams, tables, charts and any other reference materials deemed
necessary to give our customers the information needed to use our products
successfully.

Job Qualifications/Requirements (minimum):
Excellent communications skills a must. Familiarity with A/D and D/A
conversion and microprocessor fundamentals also a necessity.

Education and Training:
An Engineering degree (Associate or higher) is preferred, but not required.

Experience:
At least 1 year of hands-on experience with microprocessor-based systems.
Some prior technical writing experience (not necesarily for public
consumption - test procedures, product proposals, data/spec sheets etc. OK)
required.

Other Qualifications (desirable):
Familiarity with DSP devices (TI 'C3x, 'C4x, 'C6x, 'C8x, Analog Devices
SHARCs) and C programming techniques a strong plus. Familiarity with
Desktop Publishing and drawing programs in the Win 95/NT environments also
helpful.

Special Employer Requirements:
We really want an Engineer with proven writing ability to fill this
position. Documentation at this company is without question an engineering
function, as our customer base consists almost exclusively of engineers and
programmers.

* *
* PLEASE INCLUDE A SAMPLE OF YOUR TECHNICAL *
* WRITING ALONG WITH YOUR RESUME. *
* *

Check out our website for further information at www.pentek.com.
Competitive salaries and full benefits. Send resumes to:

Pentek, Inc.
One Park Way
Upper Saddle River, NJ 07458
Attention: Technical Publications

via fax: 201-818-5941

or via email to techpubs -at- pentek -dot- com -dot-