Legacy help projects and job openings

Subject: Legacy help projects and job openings
From: Julie Tholen <julie_tholen -at- CNT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 12:57:36 -0500

Greetings TW of the world.

Four months into my new position, I have found that I am responsible for
maintaining an existing RH project as well as creating two other ones.
As a newbie RoboHelp (RH) use here are some of the issues that I have
come up against.
If anyone on the list would like to respond, I would appreciate your
assistance very
much.

(I've tried posting to the Winhlp-l, but I keep getting bounced, so if
there is a Winhlp user
reading this, please forward this to the list and thanks!)

1. There are some .bmp are lost and/or link is broken. I have gone
through the Project Setup and re-selected the .bmp files and I still get
the same errors. Do I need to go into my .doc and replace the button
indicators?

2. We have three products which use the same network management tool.
The tool is smart enough to know which product it is on and pulls the
appropriate interface .bmp. My help system(s) have to service all three
products. I would like to have one help system, and three .bmp files
that reflect the appropriate product.

Once you get pass the interface .bmp, the functionality of the
management system doesn't change, but the graphics need to. Any
suggestions? Should I just scrap that idea and
build three separate help systems? The products are upgraded
independently of each other.

3. We have two tech writing openings, one is a principal writer (I am
advocating for a Robogun and experience in electronic deliverables,
since that is the path that we want to go down!), the other is more of
an entry level position, ideal for a new graduate. Our company is
located in Minneapolis, MN and we develop channel hardware/software.

If anyone wants more information on the jobs, please respond to me
directly.

Thanks in advance for your interest and help.

J.A.E. Tholen
Sr. Technical Writer
CNT, Inc.
612.550.8317