Intergraph help format?

Subject: Intergraph help format?
From: Ginna Watts <gwatts -at- PIM -dot- BC -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 09:36:56 -0700

Hi all,

We have a series of MIF filters from Bentley that translate MIF files while
creating a resource file for MicroStation's help calls. (They also provided
Word filters, which I could use if necessary.) I have the RTF / WinHelp
translation working more or less smoothly. (No thanks to the nearly
non-existent documentation!)

This means we have context-sensitive help in MicroStation 95 for Windows.

They also have translators to a format which 'Intergraph help' uses. (The
help system used by MicroStation for DOS, and a few other operating
systems). Now, I had to do a lot of tweaking in WinHelp to fix up the
windows files, and I was hoping to do the same for DOS. BUT we can't read
the Ihelp files, can't understand the coding system, and don't know how to
fix them.

Bentley is no help, and I couldn't find anything on Intergraph's site about
the help format.

Has anyone ever used Intergraph help? Is there an editing tool? Some sort
of document which explains the formatting?

TIA, Ginna

Ginna Watts - Technical Writer
Pacific International Mapping Corp.
250-727-0727