icons for a status chart

Subject: icons for a status chart
From: "Renze, Janet L" <Janet -dot- Renze -at- PSS -dot- BOEING -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 17:16:05 -0700

Group--
I am looking for a good idea for icons to be used on a status
chart--here's the scenario:

a group I'm working with does weekly status charts in a sort
of spreadsheet form, with deliverables, contact persons, problems,
and a "disposition" listed --if the deliverable's progress is going
well,
is stalled, getting worse, etc. right now they're using circles and
arrows for the disposition icons, but want something more "fun"
(I know, danger alert!!).

the lead suggested something totally whacky like a bull with horns
upright, down, one of each, etc. cute perhaps, but a little strange?!
and how would i fit such an icon to those little grid squares (stall
tactic!!)

So, are any of you facing this type of dilemma/producing similar
status charts? what icons if any are you using? I need ones for
- program as planned
- program impact, watch
- not started, no plan
- plan in place but not started
- improving
- getting worse

THANKS A MILLION!!
janet

Janet L. Renze Technical Writer
janet -dot- l -dot- renze -at- boeing -dot- com
(425) 234-8662 M/S 9U-UJ