Re: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Subject: Re: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
From: Jean Weber <jean_weber -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 00:32:57 -0400

Bonnie Granat wrote,

>How can I work without my right hand and without usung a mouse?<

There are a variety of pointing devices (touchpads, etc) that might
help, but you could also consider a "no-hands" mouse produced by
Hunter Digital. It's foot-operated: one foot moves the cursor and
the other foot does the clicks. Works with Win3.1, Win95 and Mac
(different cabling and s/w for each, so you have to specify when
ordering). Takes a bit of getting used to, but then so did the hand-
held mouse when I first used it some years ago.

This might not suit you, especially for temp jobs, and it isn't cheap,
but worth looking into. Hunter Digital's contact info (according to
the back of the box) is:

Ph. 800-57-MOUSE (in USA and Canada), or 310-471-5852
Fax 310-471-1669
Email. footmouse -at- earthlink -dot- net
Website: http://ww.earthlink.net/~footmouse

Disclaimer:
I am not associated with Hunter in any way, but I do like their gadget.

PS. Another thing I do is learn the keyboard shortcuts for common
tasks and use them instead of the mouse whenever possible. This
may not help if you're uncomfortable typing, but I found it helps me.

Jean Hollis Weber
jean_weber -at- compuserve -dot- com