WP files w/pix > Frame

Subject: WP files w/pix > Frame
From: John Glenn <sfarmh1 -at- SCFN -dot- THPL -dot- LIB -dot- FL -dot- US>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 09:51:17 -0400

Cross posted to FRAMERS and TECHWR-L, the EXPERTS' lists.

Quick Q.
[Preface: Trying to bring FM into a Word shop.]

What happens to graphics embedded into a
WinWord or RTF file when the file is imported
into FM (V5.5) ?

Background
There are a number of WinWord (V6, mostly) files floating
around that should be ''framed.'' Many of these files are
laden with bitmap images (screen captures, etc.)
The graphics were embedded - vs. linked - so there is zero
opportunity to simply refer them to the FM file. I am NOT
enthusatic about using Paint Shop Pro to grab graphics;
although PSP is an excellent utility, I am concerned the
files will be (further) degraded.

FWIW, such files failed to load into Ventura V7.

Please reply to either

mailto:john_glenn -at- geocities -dot- com
or
mailto:sfarmh1 -at- scfn -dot- thpl -dot- lib -dot- fl -dot- us

If anyone else is interested in the replies, please send a
''me to'' message with your email address in the BODY to me
at one of the above e-addresses.

john glenn < sfarmh1 -at- scfn -dot- thpl -dot- lib -dot- fl -dot- us >
mailto:sfarmh1 -at- scfn -dot- thpl -dot- lib -dot- fl -dot- us