Re: Monitor/Resolutions

Subject: Re: Monitor/Resolutions
From: Tim Merrick <TimM -at- ILE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 08:38:01 -0600

> Suzanne wrote:

"Does anyone have the "definitive" answer as to what the
prevailing (if
> not "standard") screen resolution most computer users use is? And, if
> they are capable of higher resolutions, why don't they use them?"

Suzanne:

The standard to keep in mind is that there is no standard. However, it
is best to plan and develop to the lowest common denominator, which in
the case of screen resolution is 640 x 480.

As to why users don't choose higher resolutions, I can offer my own
reason. I am legally blind, so I set my monitor to 640 x 480 so I can
clearly see what I am doing. I would guess that many users choose that
setting for the same reason.

Tim Merrick
Senior Technical Writer
ILE Communications Group