Re: Irony in responses to Fabien Vais' question!

Subject: Re: Irony in responses to Fabien Vais' question!
From: Beth Agnew <bagnew -at- INSYSTEMS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 17:30:27 -0400

Geoff Hart pointed out:
>FYI, Fabien lives just up the road from me in Montreal, the
>"other" heart of French Canada, and is intimately familiar
>with most of the language resources that people have
>proposed.

Well, I sure feel stupid. I can tell Geoff's in Montreal (by the
@MTL.FERIC.CA) but I didn't have a clue where Fabien was. It might have
been nice to know what resources had been considered and exhausted -- it
would have saved me some time because I wouldn't even have bothered
replying.

It prompted me to look at my own location information and realize that
unless I specifically mention it, no one could know where I am either. Just
shows to go ya, never assume anything. And when we're too close to the
information, we often don't see what's missing.
There's a lesson in that somewhere.

--Beth

Beth Agnew
Senior Technical Writer, InSystems Technologies Inc.
Markham, Ontario, Canada
mailto:bagnew -at- insystems -dot- com Tel: (905) 513-1400 ext. 280
Fax: (905) 513-1419
Visit us at: http://www.insystems.com