Re: Y'all

Subject: Re: Y'all
From: Phillip Winn <pwinn -at- S7 -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 15:06:44 -0500

At 03:06 PM 8/13/97 -0400, Williams, Diane (contractor) wrote:
>I think usn's in Virginia just use y'all to address more than one
>person. Same as "youse" in New Jersey.

Although I am immersed daily in the Texas "y'all" way of doing things, it
so happens that my mother-in-law, who lives in Austin, TX, uses "youse"
quite regularly, and I am afraid I must mention that she uses "youse" to
refer to a single person quite often. It could be just that she is a
particularly ignorant member of the species, but I would not be surprised
to find that there are other equally ignorant people who use "youse" to
refer to a single person.

It never ends.

|- Phillip Winn -|- Strategy 7 -|- vox 972.458.2817 -|
|- mailto:pwinn -at- s7 -dot- com -|- Dallas, TX -|- fax 972.458.2218 -|