Re: Revision or Version

Subject: Re: Revision or Version
From: Suzanne Lee <suzanne -at- AUTOSIM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 09:30:46 -0700

Kevin asked:

> what was used more: Revision or Version.
>
> For Example:
>
> Document A, Rev. A, B, C, etc.
> Document A, Version 1, 1.1, 1.2, 2.0, etc.

I have no idea which is more common, but we used to use version for our
manuals, until we found out that it caused users got confused because it
didn't match the software version (software version 8.0, document version
6.0). so we are switching to revision. In other industries where the
doc. isn't tied to a version of something else, version could probably be
used without confusion.

Suzanne