Re: HTML vs. PDF vs. HELP

Subject: Re: HTML vs. PDF vs. HELP
From: Bill Burns <BillDB -at- ILE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 08:10:47 -0600

I think Envoy with Tumbleweed extensions will create bookmarks. I just
evaluated Tumbleweed Publishing Essentials, and I'm choosing to stick
with PDF. Some of the features are excellent--embedding the browser in
the document, more editing options. However, the UI for Envoy
w/Tumbleweed isn't very intuitive, and the technical documentation reads
more like marketing literature. The real clincher was the quality of
graphics in Envoy--double-plus ungood.

In hoping to find more dynamic solutions than PDF, but until one becomes
available that allows some printed page control, I'll be sticking with
PDF.

Bill Burns
Technical Writer
ILE Communications Group