End of Manual Summary

Subject: End of Manual Summary
From: AndreaK <andreak -at- ASTOUND -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 15:33:38 -0400

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question about the index and license agreements.

Almost everyone who responded stated that the index should be last. A few stated that they would only put the license agreement or any other material last if it was intended to be ripped out of the manual.

Several people stated that the license agreement should be part of the front matter, after the inside cover and other legal stuff, but before the TOC. A couple of people also suggested that the license agreements could be placed in an appendix at the end (but before the index).

One person reminded me that, ultimately, the decision is up to the higher-ups.

I've decided to put the license agreements at the front and see if it goes through, otherwise, immediately before the Index.

Thanks Again,

AK

Andrea Kelso
Technical Writer, Astound Incorporated
Andreak -at- astound -dot- com

My opinions don't necessarily agree with those of the company. My opinions don't even necessarily agree with my other opinions.