Re: Excel to FrameMaker and Beyond

Subject: Re: Excel to FrameMaker and Beyond
From: Michael Little <ur004135 -at- MAIL01 -dot- MEL -dot- AONE -dot- NET -dot- AU>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 16:58:40 +0000

> Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 12:46:05 -0400
> From: Dennis Hays <dhays -at- NOVALIS -dot- COM>
> Subject: Excel to FrameMaker and Beyond
> To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU

> There was some "talk" on here regarding converting Microsoft Excel
> files to FrameMaker. Interesting, as I had to do nearly this for the
> I had compiled the rates responses into Lotus 1-2-3, with each region
> in a different sheet in the same file (RATES.123, Sheet A, Sheet B, etc.).
> I found I could import the individual sheets into Lotus WordPro '97 and
> then use WordPro to save the file as a MIF for FrameMaker. Once there, it
> was easy to open the MIF in FrameMaker 5.
> I don't use WordPro as a word processor (my wife does, however, for
> her newspaper articles), but the cost of the Lotus Suite was well worth the
> ability to manipulate file types and paid for itself in the first month.

Forgive me for sounding like an adobe salesman - and they are not
paying me for this, but the new version of Frame has the text import
filters for Excel and Word 95:

Text Import Filters

WordPerfect DOS 5.0, 5.1

WordPerfect Windows 5.0, 5.1, 6.0, 6.1

WordPerfect Mac 1.0, 2.0, 3.5

Microsoft Word DOS 4.0, 5.0, 5.5

Microsoft Word Windows 1.x, 2.x, 6.0, 7.0

Microsoft Word Mac 3.x, 4.x, 5.x, 6.x

Microsoft Word J

RTFJ

RTF 1.2, 1.3

Ami/PWP 1.2, 3.0, 3.1, WordPro

Additional for Windows: Ventura Publisher
(Corel) 3.0, 4.0, Interleaf 5.6

Additonal for Macintosh: MacWrite 4.x, 5.0,
MacWrite II, MacWrite Pro

Additional for UNIX: DCA/RFT, DisplayWrite:
troff: Interleaf 4,5,6, (IAF 6.4, 8.0, 9.6)

Table Import Filters

Lotus 123 4.0, 5.0

Excel 5.0

Text Export Filters

HTML

RTFJ

RTF 1.2, 1.3

Microsoft Word Mac 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, WordPerfect
Mac 3.5

Additional for Macintosh: MacWrite 4.x, 5.0,
MacWrite II, MacWrite Pro,

Additional for Windows: Microsoft Word Windows
6.0, 7.0

Additional for UNIX: Interleaf 5 (IAF 6.4),
WordPerfect 5.1

I hope this helps.

Mike Little