AutoCad and Word

Subject: AutoCad and Word
From: "Klopfenstein, Ed (AFS)" <EdK -at- ACCU-FAB -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 08:37:08 -0700

Help!!

I'm pulling my hair out over an imaging issue (and I don't have that
much hair left!).

I need to make good looking images out of AutoCad v.13 assembly drawings
that link to a Word v.7 file, don't save into that file, and look great.
I've tried (and failed with) the following:

1) If I use AutoCAD's "copyview" and choose "Paste Special" directly
into "Word" v.7, then choose "Picture" quality, my master file becomes
huge.
2) If I copy the file directly into bitmap software and then link the
file into my Word file, the image looks faded.
3) If I use a format other than bitmap (like PhotoShop 4.0's .pdd), it
bombs Word.
4) If I scan the image and save into a bitmap file, it looks OK, but
takes about 30 minutes for each file. I've got dozens of such files to
process each week.

The techs say it's impossible to save good quality images into Word
without either scanning the images or ballooning the file size.

Can anyone offer a cure? Can anyone save my hair?

Ed Klopfenstein

Technical Writer
Accu-Fab Systems, Inc.
Corvallis, OR 97330