Background Colors

Subject: Background Colors
From: Vanessa Wilburn <vlwilburn -at- CPU -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 09:03:46 -0500

This is coming in a little late, but...

Many of the postings assumed that black backgrounds are the way to go. Not
necessarily!

At my company, we create PowerPoint presentations for many training
*environments*. Dark backgrounds and light text do NOT perform well in
training rooms (or elsewhere) that have large windows or other types of
bright lighting. Often we encounter rooms (e.g. client site) where you can
not close the blinds or dim the lighting. Alternatively, the projector may
not be able to display the contrast well.

For this reason, we strive to create presentations that use light
backgrounds and dark text. We've found that this combination works well in
any environment. Also, you can more easily print attractive transparencies
with light backgrounds when in a pinch. (Dark color transparencies suck the
life out of a desktop color printer.)

Vanessa

Debbie Molis <Debbie_Molis -at- freddiemac -dot- com> said:
I was wondering if anyone working on presentations has a preferance for
background colors, and perhaps text colors as well. I'm modifying a
presentation that has a black background, and it's not very lively looking.

Vanessa L. Wilburn vlwilbur -at- cpu -dot- com
Computerized Processes Unlimited, Inc. http://www.cpu.com
4200 S. I-10 Service Rd. Suite 205 Voice: 504-889-2784
Metairie, Louisiana USA 70001 FAX: 504-889-2799