R: Creativity

Subject: R: Creativity
From: Alessandro Bottoni <albo -at- CADLAB -dot- IT>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 09:05:50 +0200

Julie F. Hesselgesser[SMTP:jhesselgesser -at- OXMOL -dot- COM] wrote:

I'd be interested to know how many of you have tried writing novels. I just
started one this week after meeting a technical editor at the STC
conference who was in the process of publishing a romance novel. (Thanks
Colleeen.) I'm finding it's very easy to just let the words flow. The years
of TW training have certainly helped me create nice readable sentences.
Anyone else trying out their prose?

I tried. Be aware that writing novels is not just a matter to let your thoughts flow down to the paper. A real novel (or a short story) requires a carefull design and has to be written keeping in mind the final result you want to get, chapter by chapter and sentence by sentence. I would suggest you to read a few book regarding creative writing technics before attempting such a task.

See you

Alessandro Bottoni
Technical writer
Cad.Lab SPA