Seminar: Designing Interactive Online Training

Subject: Seminar: Designing Interactive Online Training
From: Jennie Achtemichuk <JennieA -at- MSN -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 02:35:27 UT

Designing Interactive Online Training
Los Angeles/Ventura, CA
September 24, 1997

This one-day workshop is designed to step you through the initial
project design phases for interactive online training.

(This workshop is the perfect complement to Web-based Training
Primer, scheduled for September 23, 1997)

_____________
What You'll Learn
Let's get back to basics.

"An interactive project might involve dozens of activities, and
balancing these can seem impossibly complex. But it doesn't
have to be, if you approach interactive design as a process."
-Ray Kristof and Amy Satran

This workshop steps you through the three main steps in design of
online training: information design, interaction design, and
presentation design.

Using your project (or our fictitious project), you will step
through all three steps to create a paper-based prototype.

Examples will be used to demonstrate each step in the process,
and the value of using this process to develop high-quality online
training systems.

This course is taught by Jennie Achtemichuk, who has designed and
developed web-based training systems for AT&T Wireless and Boeing
Commercial Airplane Group. Jennie is a Seattle-based independent
consultant specializing in online training and information systems
for high-tech companies. Jennie is a contributing author to
Designing Windows 95 Help: A Guide to Creating Online Documents.

_____________
Who should attend

Training developers, instructional designers, CBT authors,
technical writers, training managers

This workshop is the perfect kickoff to your training project.
Reserve a table for 4 team members, and use the workshop to build
your prototype together.

_____________
Course Costs

This course costs just $350 per person.
If you register by August 18, you'll receive a discount of $55.

Special pricing is available for teams of 4 people.
Reserve a roundtable at $1200 per team.

This workshop is the perfect complement to Web-based Training Primer,
scheduled for September 23, 1997 in Los Angeles/Ventura, CA.
Register for both courses at $595 per person.

Register early! Seating is limited.

________________
Course Location

Complete location details will be sent with your registration
confirmation.

____________
To Register

Final deadline to register is Friday, September 5th at 5 p.m. (Pacific time)

By Fax: (360) 379-8939
By Email: Debsea -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com
By Phone: (360) 379-6621
By Mail: Northwest Registration Services
PO Box 228
Port Townsend, WA 98368-0228

___________
Registration Form

___ Yes! I want to attend both courses: Web-based Training
Primer and Designing Interactive Online Training
Los Angeles/Ventura on September 23 and 24, 1997
$595 per person

___ Yes! I want to attend Designing Interactive Online Training
in Los Angeles/Ventura on September 24-25, 1997
$350.00 per person or $1200.00 per team (4 people)
Before August 18: $295 per person or $1145 per team

___ No, I can't attend this course. Please put me on
your mailing list for future events.

Title: Ms/Mr/Mrs/Dr
Name: ______________________________________________
Position: ___________________________________________
Address: ___________________________________________
City/State/Zip/Country: ____________________________
Email: ______________________________________________
Daytime Phone: _____________________________________
Fax Number: _______________________________________

Payment Information:
___ Check enclosed (Payable to Jennie Achtemichuk)
When paying by check, your registration must be
received by Northwest Registration Services by
September 5th. Please allow enough time for
mail delivery.
___ Visa
___ Mastercard

No registrations will be accepted after September 4th.

Substitions may be made at any time. Cancellations will be
accepted up to September 5th before the course, subject to a
$50 service charge. Confirmed registrants who do not attend or
cancel after September 5th are liable for the full registration
fee.

All cancellations must be made in writing.