Re: Single-step procedures

Subject: Re: Single-step procedures
From: Linda Laurie <LinLaurie -at- MSN -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 17:03:24 UT

I think you're right. I also use bullets to indicate a single step. The bullet
is pretty much an industry standard.

Keep in mind that just because a reviewer asks if you can do something, it
doesn't mean they are right and you have to do it. I sometimes argue against
reviewer comments. I treat them as suggestions, not orders, unless they are
commenting on something I know nothing about, or I've been told that one of
them is the ultimate owner of the document and I have to do it their way.

After all, we're the professional writers and experts that should save them
from allowing errors in grammar and usage to enter their manuals, should they
try to insert them. They know their product, subject, or whatever, but that
doesn't mean they know how to be a good technical writer.

Lin
linlaurie -at- msn -dot- com