Idea for more graphics and better archiving

Subject: Idea for more graphics and better archiving
From: Jean Haney <jean -at- ISLAND -dot- NL>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 18:03:05 +0100

For those who are interested, we are offering a free
graphic test conversion on our web-site -
http://www.square1.nl

We want to introduce our product, The Graphics Connection,
to technical writers. Using it, you can enjoy using more
graphics in your work and also maintain archives in an easy
to print and preview structure.

We use PostScript as our intermediate format. It's robust and
vector-oriented. Basically, any file which can be printed
to a PostScript printer can now be converted into a format
which will be editable (text & graphics) within your book-
building or publishing system.

The steps follow:

1. create illustrations, tables, charts, etc in your favorite
tools. print them to "file".

2. run them through TGC to generate the format you need. options
are ps2mif, ps2cgm, ps2wmf, ps2hpgl, ps2wpg, ps2pcl, ps2epsf/i,
ps2gif, ps2tiff and ps2ascii.

3. now, you have a directory of .ps files which can be previewed
with GhostScript or another viewer and you have the files in
native format for your program (FrameMaker MIF for example).
Since the files with "vector roots" retain the definition,
you can edit all elements (text, objects, tables, etc)!

For more info, please email me (jean -at- square1 -dot- nl) or see our
web site.

Jean Haney
Square One bv
http://www.square1.nl