Re: Offensive symbols and the breadth of our profession

Subject: Re: Offensive symbols and the breadth of our profession
From: Pat Gantt <pagantt -at- POSTOFFICE -dot- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 09:45:36 -0500

Chris et. everyone

I agree w/ Chris. Have learned most from this group
than any other of my 100 or so newsletters and lists
I scan.

As long as we keep the debate about ideas and not personalities
some really great dialogue emerges.

Please consider what I said about AI and Learning ala
MIT. (You know the Mars robot folks). If you haven't
yet visited their site do so. Learning theory is
about to be rocked off its feet. Previous thinking on
thinking is being replaced by scientific evidence ala
their nifty techie devices.

Extremely interesting upheaval. Stay tuned.
I expect new ways of thinking about thinking as
dramatic as the change that Einstein made to
classical physics and propelled us into the modern
physics age. It will be that dramatic!

Again, what in the world does this have to do
with tech. writing. We are the professional that
documents changes to technology. We must remain
flexible.

> way to do something. I won't make this assertion for other people, but
> it's a lot longer than what I originally thought it would be. Sure there
> are the holy wars (and I won't mention them, lest I re-ignite some of
> them), but overall, this is one hell of a profession and this group as a
> whole has been very useful and, at times, even inspirational.
>
> There. Now I've said my one positive, supportive thing for the month.

Ditto.

I have made two very valuable contacts through our discussions
and have admired the intelligence and wit from of others
from a far or personal email.

Nothing like the attacks to this profession to marshal
the great forces in this group.

There's my inspirational duty done also.

Cheers to one and all!

--

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Best Regards,

Pat Gantt, M.S. HRD
Personal email ~ pagantt -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net
The University of Tennessee Alum
Technical and Vocational Studies Guide
~ The Mining Company ~
Biz Mail ~ votech -dot- guide -at- miningco -dot- com
http://votech.miningco.com
[humor = (intelligence + personality)]
GO VOLS! Don't ask Peyton who!