Interview Questions

Subject: Interview Questions
From: Kathryn J Acciari <acciari -at- ACSU -dot- BUFFALO -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 11:09:51 -0400

Hi everyone,

I've lost the original posting, so my apologies to the person who
requested interview questions. (It's been a crazy coupla weeks!)

Here are just a few that have take me by surprise:

1. Name one way in which you have invested in yourself, and how
has that investment paid off. (The
interviewer was looking for ways that I had spent my hard-earned
$$$ on 'personal', not 'professional' self-improvement. This is a
great way to tie in your hobbies to your professional habits.)

2. Tell us some of the risks you have taken, personally or
professionally.

3. At my first tech writing interview, I was asked which style
I preferred, AP, Chicago, etc. I was way too green to be able
to respond intelligently. Stammer, stammer.

4. Why shouldn't I hire you? (This was a different way of
rephrasing the 'What are your weaknesses' question.)

5. I'm not convinced that you are qualified for this position.
(The interviewer was giving me an opportunity to sell myself.)

6. What Myers-Briggs personality type are you? (Oh great,
psychoanalysis on the interview.)

Hope this helps!

Kathryn J Acciari
Technical Writer/Communicator
Buffalo, New York
acciari -at- acsu -dot- buffalo -dot- edu