Re: TECH. WRITING SURVEY - OPINIONS REQUESTED

Subject: Re: TECH. WRITING SURVEY - OPINIONS REQUESTED
From: Dan BRINEGAR <vr2link -at- VR2LINK -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 01:20:32 -0700

Yeayy, Jim, excellent, cogent, concise response.....

Mebbe the fact that we all seem to be on the same sheet of music on this
latest "SURVEY" troll will help us all learn something and discuss things
rationally.... this time, techwhirlers aren't flaming each other...

It's kinda like those rare occasions on "Crossfire" where Buchanan and
Ferraro actually agree that their guest is a Bozo with a hidden agenda, and
cooperate in exposing that agenda: you tend to learn more on those
occasions than when they just argue with each other.

I guess that for some people in the world, a million flames is more life
and status-affirming than ten "me-too's" or a couple of attaboys....

"Look what they did to me! See? They're all the same... savage, savage,
beastly meanies!"

"TechWriters: nit-picky contrarians in a doomed profession? Or
Bomb-Throwing Radicals?
Next time, on Geraldo...."

>Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 13:14:21 -0700
>From: Jim Purcell <jimpur -at- MICROSOFT -dot- COM>
>I'm beginning to think that on this list, "survey" is a synonym for
>"trawling for flames."

Dan BRINEGAR, CCDB Vr2Link
Performance S u p p o r t Svcs.
Phoenix, Arizona

vr2link -at- vr2link -dot- com
http://www.vr2link.com
"Show up, be there, think it up and do it, exceed your job-description,
control your own means of production (that's yer brain)! "