Re: Buzzwords & secret handshakes

Subject: Re: Buzzwords & secret handshakes
From: Kris Olberg <kjolberg -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 20:45:16 -0500

----------
> From: Kimba <kimba -at- PRIMENET -dot- COM>
> To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
> Subject: Buzzwords & secret handshakes
> Date: Sunday, July 27, 1997 11:33 AM
>
> >your resume does not tell me very much - I really can't tell
> >whether you have written System Development Life Cycle documentation,
> >which is usually the requirement on a lot of contracts.

"System Development Life Cycle documentation" experience might be a
requirement on a lot of the contracts let out by the person/company who
made this statement; however, this type of experience is not generally a
requirement for contractors in general.

The documentation sets for development methodologies tend to "look" the
same to a writer. After you've seen one, you've pretty much seen them all,
whether the methodology is some form of protyping, JAD, RAD, or a
proprietary life cycle.

Regards...Kris