ODD SURVEY - BUNK

Subject: ODD SURVEY - BUNK
From: Lisa Ann Miller <Lisa_Ann_Miller -at- MASTERCARD -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 13:15:01 -0500

Jack Bonney wrote:

nothing exists that resembles a methodology, rather, most discussion
centers around "style" as if every manual should be different for some
unspecified reason -- in fact, there is an annual contest at the
university of waterloo that gives merit for "best looking manual".

Jack, I'm am trying not to flame, but let me help you with your research.
Please read:

Managing your Documentation Projects by Joann T. Hackos
Designing Windows 95 Help by Mary Deaton and Cheryl Zubak

Jack, methodologies exist. You have come to conclusions without adequate
research. Perhaps your question should be "Why don't more writers
recognize and use a standard methodology?"

In fact, I think that would be a wonderful discussion for this list.

Lisa A. Miller
Sr. Technical Writer
MasterCard International