Re: TECH. WRITING SURVEY - OPINIONS REQUESTED

Subject: Re: TECH. WRITING SURVEY - OPINIONS REQUESTED
From: Peggy Schillinger <peggys -at- STLNET -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 11:56:21 -0500

jack w. bonney wrote:

> we are conducting research into the work undertaken by "technical
> writers", either as employees or under "freelance contractors".

Hi, Jack: How in the world did you derive your "research" questions?
They are spurious, and your conclusions are already obvious.

Why don't you tell us who you are, what your company does, and why you
are surveying us?

Regards...Peggy Schillinger
Peggy Schillinger peggys -at- stlnet -dot- com
Computer Software Technical Writer 314-569-9495 (V)
Co-President, STC St. Louis (MO) 314-994-1905 (F)

"I began to develop a firm conviction that most efforts to
teach people things were wasted. All they needed was to
go off some place quiet and read." ---Richard Russo