Re: Price Range for User Manual

Subject: Re: Price Range for User Manual
From: Dan BRINEGAR <vr2link -at- VR2LINK -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 01:30:21 -0700

Absolutely, what Buck said....

>Oh, there's one more thing:
>
>When you submit the manual for review, get an exact date for picking up
>the markup. If it's not ready, submit an invoice marked
>
> FINAL INVOICE
>
>CLIENT HAS NOT RESPONDED TO FINAL SUBMISSION.

I deliberately left that pay-me-off-with-final-review clause out of the
contract I gave to Matt as an example: that contract was for a sweetheart
deal with favourite clients....

Anybody realize how hungry you can get in a month?

I'd like to find a way to run a script on my computer that automatically
generates an electronic withdrawal from the client's bank-account 7.5 days
after sending any message with "Final Review" in the subject. <grin>

>Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 12:48:21 -0700
>From: Buck Buchanan <buck -dot- buchanan -at- CITICORP -dot- COM>
>Subject: Re: Price Range for User Manual
>

>> I will never never never bid a project, except by the hour again!
>> ....with estimated 25% up front
>> ....in-process payment every 25 hours
>> ....take the check straight to the client's bank and exchange it for
>> cash while they still have money in the bank.
>>

>Oh, there's one more thing:
>
>When you submit the manual for review, get an exact date for picking up
>the markup. If it's not ready, submit an invoice marked
>
> FINAL INVOICE
>
>CLIENT HAS NOT RESPONDED TO FINAL SUBMISSION.
>
>I have waited up to three months for a final markup and been stonewalled
>(responsible person not in and won't return calls), although on previous
>in-process reviews, I received accolades on the way the manual was being
>done.
>
>Then when the final markup was returned, the book required a complete
>rewrite.
>
>NOT ON MY DIME, JOSE! BEEN THERE. DONE THAT.
>--
>Buck Buchanan
>Software Documentation

Dan Brinegar Information Developer/Research Droid/Mac Guy
http://www.vr2link.com

Who was it that said:
"I believe the only way to get the scale of change we really need is
to focus on educating citizens so they have the principles,
the framework and the tools necessary to effect change on their own."

vr2link -at- vr2link -dot- com -- CCDB Vr2Link
Performance S u p p o r t Svcs.