Re: Help! - Save Problem in Word97

Subject: Re: Help! - Save Problem in Word97
From: DWeber <dweber -at- HARRIS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 15:38:57 EST

Try this:

The problem is probably your graphics.

Open your document. Under the Tools menu, select the Options
function. A dialog box is displayed. Select the View tabbed page and
make sure the Drawings (first one) check box does NOT have a check.
Click OK.

Now in your document, you will see place holders where your graphics
are. This reduces the amount of memory and size your document is
using. The drawings are there, you just won't see them unless you
double click on them or re-check the drawings check box.

Good luck.

Di

_________________________________
Subject: Help! - Save Problem in Word97
Author: GeriLou_Ciotoli -at- dlcorp -dot- com at smtp
Date: 7/24/97 2:53 PM

Help,

I'm working in Word 97 on Windows 95. I have a document 59 pages long. The
text is complete and I was inserting links to CorelDraw5 graphics. I was
saving frequently since we are having a thunderstorm.

My problem: Now I cannot save this document at all. Luckily I have it saved
up to this point. But now when I open the document, I just tried to save it
and it won't save at all.

The message is:

The disk is full trying to write to C::Free some space on this drive or
save
the document
on another disk. Try closing some files/apps, etc. etc.

I have no other docs/apps open. And I have over 1.5 gigs of disk space.

Has anyone experienced this problem. I know that some people have been
complaining about long documents in Word ( but I don't consider 60 pages
long!)

I couldn't access the archives, so sorry if this problem is repetitive. You
can email me off line at
mailto:gciotoli -at- dlcorp -dot- com

Thanks

Geri Lou Ciotoli