Re: Price Range for User Manual

Subject: Re: Price Range for User Manual
From: Buck Buchanan <buck -dot- buchanan -at- CITICORP -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 12:39:22 -0700

Matthew J Long wrote:

> This post is primarily a question for those who have done a lot of
> contract work for small software companies.
>
> I have heard that most people bid their freelance contracts by the job
> rather than by the hour. Assuming that this is true (and let me know if it
> is not), what would you charge to develop a user manual?
Every time I was foolish enough to bid a project in any manner other
than by the hour, I ended up with a large bite being taken out of my
behind.

I will never never never bid a project, except by the hour again!
....with estimated 25% up front
....in-process payment every 25 hours
....take the check straight to the client's bank and exchange it for
cash while they still have money in the bank.

--
Buck Buchanan
Software Documentation

buck -dot- buchanan -at- citicorp -dot- com
formerly: writer -at- dhc -dot- net