Re: sans serif fonts

Subject: Re: sans serif fonts
From: Eric Haddock <ehaddock -at- ENGAGENET -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 10:59:50 -0500

There's little point in arguing about the virtues of serifs because there
are a zillion uses for serif and for sans serif too. Since there is no end to
the type of document we all work on, we can all expect to use different fonts
for different occasions.

I would argue that it's important not to automatically discount a whole type
of font. Use samples and determine which is better after actually seeing it and
using it. We have all seen examples of uses of serif and sans serif fonts where
we didn't expect, yet the design still worked.

Regards from beautiful Wisconsin!

Me--> mailto:moonlion -at- full-moon -dot- com http://www2.pitnet.net/moonlion
Work--> mailto:ehaddock -at- engagenet -dot- com http://www.engagenet.com