Re: Inappropriate interview....

Subject: Re: Inappropriate interview....
From: Mary Anthony <mary -at- PERSISTENCE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 12:56:12 -0700

At 02:26 PM 7/23/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I disagree, I think you should write a letter. I nearly refused a
>position with a company which turned out to be a great gig because I was
>interviewed by an inept HR person.

Well, assuming she is still interested in the job (and they are interested
in her), she can simply wait until she moves on to the next step in the
interview process. Then, at that point she should be talking to someone
who knows their stuff. At that point, a polite query about the HR person's
interview style would be appropriate.

>What do you have to lose?

Diana specified she wanted to write a "nasty" letter. If she is still
interested in the company, writing a nasty or confrontational letter could
lose her the next step in the interview process. Certainly, if I received
such a letter so early in the interview process I wouldn't look favorably
on the candidate. I'd just assume they were too touchy.

If she isn't interested in the job, why leave a nasty impression behind?
She might be interested in the company in the future or run into the same
interviewer at another company where she wants a job.